Home Insurance

Buildings and contents insurance also known as home insurance. It is a combined insurance that will cover or replace any damage that might occur to your home or its contents, including loss. It is essential for all mortgaged homes, and the majority of other homeowners who do not have a mortgage will also have this type of home insurance.

  • Buildings insurance – This insurance covers your house in case of a disaster where your house may need to be rebuilt. The event which caused the damage must have been completely beyond your control, for example storm or flood damage, a major fire, smoke or explosions, water leakage/burst pipes, subsidence, or third party vandalism or damage etc.
  • Contents insurance – This covers most items in your house which are not fixed to the property, for example your furniture, jewellery, appliances and clothing. Most of the available contents insurance policies will even cover things like the contents of your refrigerator and freezer!

Why do I need this type of home insurance?

Mortgage providers will insist on this type of home insurance when you take out a mortgage with them to cover the property. However home insurance is highly recommended to protect you against unforeseen circumstances.

Get Moving with Ireland Mortgages

We will endeavour to secure the best mortgage package for you.